Our mission is to be an innovative and valued partner known for excellence in credentialing and medical staff operations. The Novant Health Credentialing & Medical Staff Operations (CMSO) team strives to create a smooth and efficient credentialing experience for all practitioners who apply to practice at a Novant Health facility.
Our team works daily to ensure practitioners are appropriately qualified to work in our organization. Using National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and other accreditation standards, our team prepares credentialing materials and evaluates candidates to safeguard patient safety and quality measures for our organization and the communities we serve. We continue to monitor and improve our practices to ensure practitioner and organization satisfaction.
Whether you are new to the Novant Health system or an existing provider, we look forward to matching the remarkable care you provide with a remarkable credentialing experience.
If you are currently a Novant Health provider, you can look to CMSO for help obtaining and renewing credentials for Novant Health hospitals and surgical centers.
Novant Health CMSO is certified as a Credentials Verification Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a third-party organization dedicated to improving health care for all Americans. To obtain NCQA certification, the CMSO obtains primary-source verification of the applicant’s entire practice history, including:
- Professional education
- Professional training
- Current and previous hospital/clinic affiliations
- Professional peer references
- Clinical competency
- Full background report
- National Practitioner Databank query
- State licenses, DEA, and certifications
- Malpractice claims history
- Sanction/Disciplinary actions
CMSO credentialing processes are also guided by the following third-party organizations.
- The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that assesses the quality of care and patient safety offered by healthcare organizations and is the recognized global leader for healthcare accreditation.
- The AAAHC accredits a wide range of outpatient settings including ambulatory surgery centers, office-based surgery facilities, endoscopy centers, student health centers, medical and dental group practices, community health centers, employer-based health clinics, retail clinics, and Indian/Tribal health centers, among others.
- The Det Norske Veritas has an accreditation program for hospitals. It assesses the quality of patient care offered by various facilities and has deeming status with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.